Your Portfolio Overview is where you monitor your position and performance
Keep a track of your overall performance by viewing the Portfolio Overview column on the left hand side of the Trade Lobby. This will help you stay up to date with the most important metrics. Here's what each of them mean:
- Stock value is the total current value of the stocks you own (at current market prices, not purchase prices).
- Available cash is the remaining cash you have left, and can spend on purchasing more stocks.
- Cash balance is your available cash, and includes the value of any orders that have not executed yet.
- Portfolio value is the total value of your cash balance and the total value of your stock portfolio. It's mapped against time in the chart directly below.
- Portfolio gain is how your portfolio value has changed since you started, as a percentage.
The portfolio wheel compares your Stock value to your Cash balance - a great way to keep track of your spending. This is followed by a snapshot of your portfolio - more on how that works here. If you want a more detailed view, scroll to the bottom of your portfolio snapshot and hit 'View Portfolio'.
Your Portfolio Browser gives a detailed view of your holdings and transactions
The View Portfolio button will reveal your entire portfolio and trading history (see above). The main screen let's you view your portfolio history graph over 5 days, 1 month or more. You'll also be able to access your current and historical trade orders as well as average cost of each stock, your monetary gain and your percentage profit.
Here’s an example:
- Olivia has just created a Premium account, and is about to execute her first trade. She notices her portfolio overview lists her portfolio value as $0 and cash balance as $100,000.
- She executes 3 trades, summing to a total of $6500.
- After a few minutes, when her trades have executed, she notices her portfolio overview now lists her portfolio value as $6500 and her cash available as $93,500. Her portfolio tracker wheel has also changed shape.
See you on the floor.